Monday, January 25, 2010

Think of quadruple entendres

So today I am to think of quadruple entendres. 
Yesterday, I didn't even know what one entendre was, let alone four! So what'd I do? I did what most americans do when they want to find something out real easy.  I googled it.

An entendre, actually a double entendre, is a phrase that can be interpretted in two ways. For example, "We stand behind every bed we sell" can make you wonder if the salesman who sold it to you will be standing behind the bed you just purchased and come nightfall is watching you sleep.  The other meaning you could interpret it to be is they firmly believe in the beds they selling and that they are the best of comfort.
  Triple entendres are seen also, but less so. And quadruple entendres are rare.

So today as I was going about my business I tried to think of phrases that could have four possible meanings. I found it quite easy, so came to the conclusion that I was cheating, or doing something wrong.  I finally came up with one that could really, truly be called a quadruple entendre. Here it is:

She's slipping away.

Meanings-
1.  She is dying slowly
2. She's slipping and sliding to her hearts desire (e.g. "Oh, look at her just slippin' away in those socks!")
3.  [out of a meeting, room, house, etc.]
4. She's losing her mind.


I don't doubt that quadruple entendres will pop up in my brain sometime soon, and I bet I'll be thinking of more so I'll just add them as I go.  I hope all you out there try to think of your own, it's quite amusing.

-KJ

1 comment:

  1. i'm fucking crazy, she's fucking nuts, her cunts so fat it gets stuck in junctions, must mean i'm fucking buts

    ReplyDelete