Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hold an ice cube for as long as possible

OW OW OW OW!!!
Aye Yae Yae....so I held my ice cube for as long as possible, and I thought that, that would be until it melted. Well little did I know that in the result of my waiting I nearly discovered what it felt like to have frost bite.
Sometime last week my dad had my brother put an ice pack on his arm. My brother wouldn't sit down and be lazy so attached it with a large ace bandage and continued to go about his business. A few hours later my dad asked him to put it back on and my brother told him that it was still off. Well my brother took off his ice only to realize that he had a nice bump that was sure odd looking and a weird red patch on his arm that didn't go away for days.

My dad told my brother it looked like he had a very minor case of frost bite. Of course my mother flipped out and my dad was like its fine...no big deal. While I sat and watched and wondered what it would be like to have frost bite and why I had never developed it because that is always my method of icing as well. Leaving it on until you feel that it is melted ;)

Which brings me back to our case today. I may have been a little bit of a weenie with the ice cube but obviously bad things can happen right! Exactly...so technically I didnt do this entry correctly. I should have waited until the ice was completely melted and the water had evaporated out of my hand. Now lets just pretend that that was precisly what I did even though it was only my intention.

So what you should really learn is that frost bite is easier to get than it sounds and you should be alot more careful when icing an injury!!!
-AC

No comments:

Post a Comment