Monday, February 22, 2010

Plant A Shoe

So I have this shoe. Note how I clearly said "shoe". And not "pair of shoes". Yes, this shoe has no mate. That's perfectly fine though, except for the fact that it's a really cute Harajuku, and the fact that it's just taking up room on our already crowded shoe rack. Oh well.

I had originally been planning on doing this last Thursday but ended up with a last minute babysitting job. Then I was in Las Vegas all weekend, too busy to even think about our blog. Wow, that shows my love and devotion, huh?

Anyways, when I decided to plant a shoe, I of course knew what I would be doing. My only hump was where to bury it. I don't have my own yard so that narrowed it down a wee bit. My next idea was at the park a few blocks from my house. But I generally don't like that park so why was I even thinking of it? I don't know. My next -and last- ideal spot was behind the library that is a block away from my home. Then I would be able to pass by it every time I go there, which is quite often.

Oh, I forgot to mention my other small hump. I didn't have a shovel. I dug with my hands and the shoe, and fortunately, the earth was soft and moist. So I got it into the ground. Planted. Okay, that's fine. Now my only worry is if the whole is deep enough or not just because it was hard to create a big hole with my equipment. But since I do walk by most every day, I can keep checking. Good.

That also means I can see if my shoe is growing. Since I did plant it, after all. Should I water it? No, I don't think so, it rains a lot up here where I live. I think my baby will be fine. Maybe sometime this summer I'll check and see what happens. Until then.

-KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment